YELLOWSTONE COUNTY JUNIOR GOLF
GENERAL RULES OF PLAY AND ETIQUETTE: ATTENTION PARENTS AND GOLFERS IMPORTANT
1. Due to issues that have arisen over the past few years, all golfers will be asked to sign and attest
their score cards at the check-in table with the director. The golfers will be asked before they sign if the
score is true and accurate. If there is an issue with the score it needs to be addressed before any signatures
are made. If a golfer is uncomfortable addressing the issue openly, they may speak to Jackie privately. Once a
card is signed by both golfers it is final. Golfers knowingly signing or attesting an inaccurate score card are in
breach of the rules and can be disqualified. Follow the steps in rule number two to avoid issues with scoring.
2. SCORING: Upon holeing out, announce your score as you know it. Your scorer and you should decide any
difference of score before teeing off on the next hole. Every stroke taken is to count. You as a competitor as well
as a scorer are responsible to call an infraction when it occurs, not at the end of the round. Failure to make the
call could result in your disqualification. Discrepancies should be noted and a ruling will be made at the
completion of play. Do not sign the card if you feel there is a disputed score. Once the card is
approved by you it is official.
3. USGA rules apply. If in doubt as to a ruling, announce to your group that you intend to play out two balls for
that hole and seek the correct ruling from the host pro before signing your score card in concert with your score
marker at the end of your round
4. Use of cell phones is prohibited while playing Please turn them off.
5. DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Disqualification will be the result of cursing, swearing, club throwing, or any acts of
disrespect towards your fellow competitors.
6. Report to the golf course at least 30 minutes before your scheduled tee time, we sometimes get
ahead. Report to your tee at the 8 minute call do not be late to your tee.
7. Galleries and caddies are not allowed. Golfers may not ride in carts.
8. Parents are not to walk with their own children unless absolutely necessary as a marker.
Remember we are guests at the courses and should treat the course and each other respectfully.
There are groups behind you so do not tary on the fairways or greens.
HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE GAME